What to do:
- Wash area with unscented anti-bacterial soap & warm water
- Apply a thin coat of Aquaphor ointment once a day
- Replace Aquaphor with applications of water-based fragrance-free lotion (Curel, Lubraderm, etc…) after dead skin starts to flake.
- Continue applying a thin layer of lotion once or twice a day until skin stops flaking
- Be mindful of excessive stretching on the tattooed area and refrain from bumping or scraping it against objects.
- Some bruising may occur, this is normal
- Although the average tattoo takes 1 to 2 weeks to heal we do not recommend the following activities the first month; tanning, swimming, hot tubs, exposing to excessive steam, or submerging under water (baths)
- Showers are fine (in fact encouraged)
- Do not shave the area until completely healed
- About the 4th or 5th day your tattoo will itch and begin to flake and peel. It is very important that you do not pick or scratch at it, this can truly harm your new tattoo, a light slap will suffice when itching occurs
If you have any questions or concerns please give us a call down at the shop, and thank you for your support!!!
The Copper Wolf